Tuesday, October 23, 2012

On Rain

It has begun to rain. For me rain is both comforting and exciting. When it comes I either walk or stand in it. Many times without a jacket because I love the way it feels on my skin. At times when I'm feeling extremely excited , I stand in the rain without any shirt on at all. My wife has told me I am insane. When we began dating, I used to drag her out to either walk or dance in the rain. As time has passed, she has voiced her true opinions about my percipi-philia tendencies. "It's to cold!", "My hair gets wet!", "Why would I be out on a gloomy day?", "Why do you do this?". I usually do not have a response to the last question. Many times when she says that. I stare blankly and walk into the rain. Now that I have time with my thoughts, I can express what I would say. I would say rain expresses the beauty and power of nature. To listen to rain fall is one of the most relaxing sounds you will ever hear. That seeing rain roll off of anything, if captured in a picture can be considered art. Most of all the fact that it rains water from the sky. Water, which most of all living things and much of the earth are made of. If that does not make you feel one with the world, I do not know what does. As I type this I hear the droplets peck at my window. I think it's time for a walk.    


No comments:

Post a Comment