Tuesday, October 30, 2012

On Cool songs by artist you dislike


One of my favorite Podcast is the Adam Carrola Podcast. It is an awesome podcast from one of my favorite comedians. On the Podcast he was discussing his disgust with Rod Stewart's music. He explained while Rod Stewart has good songs, the good ones are written by someone else. For example, "The First Cut Is The Deepest" was written by Cat Stevens ( Now Usef Islam). I'm not sure about his assessment of Rod Stewart's music because I do enjoy "Maggie May", but he does have a point. A while back I found myself enjoying a song that I was sure I should dislike. I would listen to my local radio station and every time One Republics "Apologize" would come on, I couldn't turn away. After listening to the song over and over again I finally decided to do some research. What I found was that the song was a Timbaland track. Timbaland is one of my favorite artist. He produced songs for Magoo, Missy Elliot, Aaliyah, etc. So, I was taken aback by the fact that my favorite artist sucked me into being a One Republican. It was classic bait and switch. This would totally be OK if it did not spur me to listen to more One Republic songs. I thought maybe it was not just Timbaland, but they were a good band as well. It turned out only to be the Timbaland beat. One Republic took away 3:52 min of my life. I found their song "Secrets", lets just say it should have stayed that way. After that horrific experience all I can say is "You got me this time Mr. Timbaland. I wont let you make a monkey out of me again!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment